Monday, February 19, 2007

Maybe being a 'late adopter' will finally pay off

I've got friends who have been trying to get me to buy into the whole satellite radio scene. "The content is excellent," they said. "No commericals," they said.

Now, I've listened to both, and their offerings are attractive, but I was always afraid of buying into the one that would eventually go tits-up. Looks like I won't have to worry about that any longer.

Feb. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Sirius Satellite Radio Inc., the second-largest U.S. pay radio service, agreed to buy its larger rival XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. for $4.57 billion in stock, combining the only two companies in the industry.


Of course, I'm still going to wait a while, as the article mentions that neither company has yet to turn a profit. Hey, I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

No comments: