Saturday, December 16, 2006

Humor: The original WMD

Rosie O'Donnell is a moron, something she makes abundantly clear each time she opens her mouth on her show "The View". I'd wager that most sentient beings on and off the planet are behind me on this one. But as I read and re-read these news clippings about Her Arrogantness this week, I was struck by a startling and totally obvious realization:

Humor, in nearly all its forms, is almost always at someone else's expense.

This is a simple concept. Every third grader on the planet is hip to this - tell a joke about someone on the playground and the laughter gets charged to their account. We've all done it. Sometimes we're the joker, and sometimes we're the butt of the joke. Personally I think the world should just get over this and move on. It's as if no one on the planet is capable of laughing at themselves any more.

No comments: