Thursday, February 09, 2006

Google is everywhere (George Orwell, call your office)

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Google Inc. is offering a new tool that will automatically transfer information from one personal computer to another, but anyone wanting that convenience must authorize the Internet search leader to store the material for up to 30 days.

<snip>

"We think this will be a very useful tool, but you will have to give up some of your privacy," said Marissa Mayer, Google's vice president of search products and user experience. "For many of us, that trade off will make a lot of sense."

Why in the world would I want the contents of my PC stored out on the Internet?! If I wanted my old tax returns, bank statements and family photos out on the web, I'd put them there myself.

I love Google, I really do. Well, maybe not in the physical sense. Maybe more like the love you might feel for a pet or a sibling. But even the people we love deserve a slap across the face from time to time, and I think Google's is coming very soon.

These same people are pissed at George W. Bush for wiretaps. Unbelievable.

No comments: